Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Low-Key 4th

Happy 4th of July!!  I hope everyone is relaxing and enjoying a day off, eating a ton of good BBQ and spending time with friends and family!

I love this holiday, and in years past I've enjoyed many great ones at blowout cookout parties or out boating with family, on the beach down the Cape, and aboard the Staten Island ferry watching the fireworks over the Manhattan skyline in New York.  This year is different.  We had big plans to see the Boston Pops and Jennifer Hudson perform at the Hatch Shell in Boston, but it was pouring in the morning and by the time it stopped we were no longer motivated  to go knowing we would never find a good spot.  So, we've spent a low-key 4th at home.  We DID manage to cook out on the grill (because I believe eating anything other than grill fare on the 4th is a travesty), and neither of us are disappointed that we got an extra day to spend some real quality time together just hanging out around the house.

But you guys know me.  What am I going to do if I have some free time on my hands at home?  Scout out the 4th of July deals, of course!  Tory Burch had a sale going on so I ventured over to that website first.  Immediately saw this "Judi" dress and fell in love.  SO great for work and as a transitional item from summer to fall.  The website must be doing really good business today though, because by the time I had made up my mind and got this item in my cart, it was sold out in my size =(.  But all wasn't lost.

Another sneaky shopping tip?  We all hate it when we can't find the item we love in our preferred color / size online.  But don't take no for an answer!  If you're willing to spend a little extra time and effort there is still a way to satisfy your shopping bug.  Call customer service (btw..another reason I love Tory Burch?  Their customer service line is answered by a LIVE person Every.  Single.  Time. No annoying menus or voice automated systems) and give them the style number for the item.  They can do a nationwide search for you to find any stores that are carrying the item in your size (they found the dress in stock in my size at a New York store).  Then call up the store, have them locate the item, and you can purchase it over the phone with a credit card and have it shipped to you, usually for free!




C'Mon, isn't this dress worth it?  Shop it here.  Even if you're not crazy about Tory, be sure to check out your own favorite store this week - they're bound to be running good sales on pre-fall items that are already out!

No comments:

Post a Comment