Monday, March 12, 2012

OOTD: Spring Has Sprung!

The 7-day weather forcast for my area doesn't show ONE day with temperatures below 60 degrees.  Is winter officially over?  You never know in New England, but this is looking pretty promising, my friends!  So what does this mean?  The ritual of slowly transitioning from my fall/winter to spring/summer wardrobe and the daunting task of switching over my closet.  I'm not ready to go at it full force just yet, but slowly and surely I find myself shying away from heavier winter sweaters in favor of lighter tops and flowy skirts.

So here is my outfit for today:

 ALARICE SWEATER

Sweater: Tory Burch.  $250.00.  100% cotton in a miracle blend that breaths when its warm yet keeps you toasty when it gets nippy (still a threat in Boston March weather). Found here.  Print mixing is a HUGE trend this season, and if you're like me and skeptical about too much pattern play, this sweater does all the work for you and still lets you in on the trend.  I opted to balance the pattern out with a solid color on the bottom rather than piling on more print as shown above.




Skirt: GREAT find at BR; 100% silk and bought during a promotion for 30% off $98.00.  Both work-appropriate and easy to pack and throw in with some beachy tops for vacation!  Found here.

Today, I am topping this outfit off with a pair of older grey cowboy boots.  But I am currently coveting these:

BEVERLY LOW HEEL PUM | LUCIE D | 914
(Tory Burch, $295.00) that I think would go nicely as well, and add to the pattern play.)

At just about the time when I'm starting to get sick off all my winter garments, Spring has finally sprung!  (watch - I just jinxed us all and a massive snowstorm is on the way for next week now....)  Now to keep an eye on my tulips, daffodils, and crocuses who should begin to show their lovely faces soon all over my garden =)

Here's to spring fever!

2 comments:

  1. Love those shoes!!! Plus, did you notice that the sweater in the first picture is being worn over MY DRESS?! Man I want that thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha it's either your dress or the "Simon Skirt" from the website. Get the dress! It's worth it! I'm gonna get those shoes lol - *sigh* this is when Tory Burch's "pre-order" program fails. You don't get charged for an item until it is actually shipped out from their warehouse, so if you pre-order something, you don't pay for it until sometimes a couple months later when it's available for shipment. So tempting and dangerous!

    ReplyDelete