Sunday, March 18, 2012

Wardrobe Booster

What if I told you I could hand you ONE single item that when worn with ANY other item in your wardrobe (yes, even gym clothes or old pajamas) could turn your outfit from frumpy to classy?  Would you grab it?  Burberry happens to have just such an item:

(Mega Check Wool Cape, Burberry, $550.00, found here.) 

If the price scares you, check out this item by Free People instead ($44.99, found here:



I happen to own this item in both the grey (shown above) and a beautiful magenta / pomegranate color that I could no longer find on the website.  Yes, it is a total splurge and my husband would probably have a few things to say if he knew how much I spent on them, but they are worth every penny.  I wear them EVERYWHERE - at work over any OOTD when the office gets cold, on the weekends over jeans and a top with boots, and even to get dolled up for the night on the town over a dress and heels.  In the warmer spring weather, the wool blend is even warm enough to replace a heavier jacket.  They are beautiful, timeless, and versatile (BTW - if I have not made my love for Burberry perfectly clear on this blog as of yet, I have been remiss.  If you are ever looking for a classic investment piece to round out your wardrobe that will hold up over time - stop there first!!)

I am also currently coveting:

(Lightweight Denim Shirt Dress, $495.00, found here.)

and

(Military Detail Shirt Dress, $495.00, found here).

At this time of year, my eye is geared towards items I will be sure to get lots of use out of now through the last of the chilly nights, and again in the fall.  All are excellent transition items from Winter to Spring.

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment