Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day!


Happy St. Patrick's Day!  I hope everyone is enjoying the day and behaving themselves ;).  All I know is that I have been drinking something called "Angry Orchard" all afternoon and have no intention of stopping soon.  It's a nice, bright and pleasant, hard cider and this stuff is very, very good, let me tell you.  Check it out here.  A great option for those like myself who do not have the stomach for Guinness.  

I am getting ready to go out on the town for the night and the dilemma on St. Patrick's Day is always the same: how far do I take this green, "luck of the Irish" theme?  I am now safely out of college.  Gone are the days of wearing t-shirts emblazoned with "I Was Kissed By A Leprechaun" in glitter across the front and painting shamrocks on my cheek.  Oh no, my friends.  Sadly those days have passed me by, but I still found myself searching for a more subtle way to join in the festivities.  Tonight, my solution is this:

(Burberry, "Dark Canvas Green", Cotton and Silk Blend Mesh Knit, $350.00, found here)

Topped off with black skinny jeans and these pumps:

(Michael Kors Glitter Patent Pump, $195.00, found here)

I am feeling comfortable enough for some pub hopping and good to go!  And so, I leave you with a blessing, and may the Luck of the Irish find you wherever your night takes you =).




shamrocks









Lucky stars above you,
Sunshine on your way,
Many friends to love you,
Joy in work and play-
Laughter to outweigh each care,
In your heart a song-
And gladness waiting everywhere
All your whole life long.




May the roads rise to meet you.
May the wind be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
The rain fall soft upon your fields
And, until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
A GAELIC BLESSING



2 comments:

  1. Love that sweater!! When are you going to join the bandwagon and show us pictures of you in the stuff?! I want to see how you style it lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know! I am one of those people who can't stand pictures of myself but I will start being better about that!

    ReplyDelete