Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Ode To Fall!

Here in New England, the cold weather is setting in.  You notice it mostly at night, when the temps can get down to a chilly 40-50 degrees.  The leaves are changing colors, football is back, and I'm happy as a clam.  This is what New England is all about.  If you don't love and appreciate Fall, you don't deserve to live here!  More posts will follow with some of my favorite Fall recipes (because on Fall Sundays you'll often find me in my kitchen, preparing a big delicious meal to eat while watching my Patriots).  Today, though, since I've neglected this blog for a good long while, I'm going to jump back in to the swing of things with an old fashioned shopping post!

I need to give a giant shout-out to JCrew.  This is one of those stores that isn't always on my "list" of places to look when I'm in a shopping mood, but I eventually take a peek anyway and remember just how much I absolutely LOVE it!  This Fall preppy, polished fashion seems to be having a moment and nobody does preppy better than JCrew.  It's very easy to overdo preppy though, so with JCrew I often find myself sifting through the selection finding things that will both compliment and add dimension to the wardrobe I already have at the same time.  You won't find me wearing popped collar polo shirts but you WILL find me going crazy over a fresh palatte of colors and perfectly tailored (and cozy!) sweaters.

Here is the latest round of winners I picked up from JCrew's fall collection:

Jaspé scoopneck popover
Jaspe Scoopneck Popover, $95.00

Houndstooth sweatshirt
Houndstooth Sweatshirt, $65.00

Jeweled sweatshirt
Jeweled Sweatshirt, $118.00

Pixie pant
Pixie Pant, $88.00

*** If you MUST buy one thing from JCrew this Fall, buy THESE!!  They have the fit and comfort of leggings, but in a much nicer fabric.  I bought them in two different colors (black and navy) and will be going after the grey soon.  These are the pants you'll want to wear pretty much ALL the time.

Oversize merino sweater
Oversize Merino Wool Sweater, $118.00.  Also bought this in two different colors.  Comfy, cozy, and perfectly proportioned so it's slouchy without making you feel like you're swimming in it.  You'll never go back!  A weekend wardrobe must!

All of these choices easily add some prep to my step without making me feel like I'm a poser =).  Check out JCrew for yourself!

Happy shopping and check back soon because I'm on my game again!

No comments:

Post a Comment