Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Clinique Age Defense BB Cream

Hello!  Well once again I have neglected this blog.  My mind has been occupied with other things lately, namely my promotion at work and the holidays upon us.  I offer no other excuse.

Have I made any new purchases in my absence?  Umm, yes.  What a silly question.  And I will be reviewing my favorite said purchases very soon.  Today though, I'm going to pause from talking about fashion and switch gears a little bit.   Rarely have I discussed my beauty routine here, but I have found a product I absolutely must gush about.

Clinique Age Defense BB Cream.  

Age Defense BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30   

I'll start off my saying my skin is very, very fair.  It doesn't take much to make me look washed out.  This makes it very difficult to find products like concealer, bronzers, self tanners, etc, that don't look too orange-y or obvious on me.  At the same time though, a lot of the lighter concealers, etc, that actually match my skin tone aren't dark enough to provide coverage for any flaws.  It's been an endless search of trial and error, but my mission is now over.

BB Creams have been popular in Asian countries like China and Japan for years (ever notice how they all seem to have perfect skin???), and are now finally taking off in the US.  They are immediately appealing because they provide multiple benefits in only one product:  SPF protection, hydration, antioxidants for prevention, plus enough coverage for any problem areas.  So instead over slathering several different products on my face in the morning, I'm one and done.  Dry winter weather may call for an extra layer of moisturizer underneath, but that's it.  I follow my usual skin care routing of cleanser, toner, and moisturizer (all Clinque products), then use this as my concealer for the day.  My skin is smoother, my pores are smaller, and I am thrilled.

As a side note, I love products like this that come in tubes like this rather than jars.  The less I need to use my fingers, the less opportunity germs have to breed and be introduced to the skin as I apply the product.


Clinique's BB Cream comes in three different shades (I of course use #1, the lightest one).  Even if you think your skin tone doesn't match exactly to one of the shades offered, don't be afraid to give this product a try!  It blends in really well to create an even, natural look.  And if you're still not sold on using this product as your primary concealer, it works amazingly well as a primer, too (ditch your heavier moisturizer with SPF and use this instead!)  If I think I need a color boost I just add a light bronzer over this product and I'm good to go.

At $37.00 I thought this was a little pricey for a concealer until I thought about how much money I'll be saving by NOT having to buy other, separate products anymore.

I hope you've run out of reasons NOT to try this product (BTW, BB creams are now coming out of the wood works from other brands as well.  If Clinique doesn't do it for you like it does for me, don't give up on BB.  Try another brand!)  Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment