Sunday, January 1, 2012

Declining Quality - This is Bananas =(

Since we didn't make it to Boston yesterday, Ivan and I went into the City today instead with Izzy our French Bull Dog (I'll be writing a post especially for her tomorrow!).  After getting a good walk in with her around Boston Garden and the Common, we headed over to Newbury Street for some window shopping.


For all you pet owners and lovers out there, a little known secret about Newbury Street is that most stores will allow dogs inside!  So we checked out Banana Republic with Izzy in tow.


The spring collection is out both in stores and online and while the styles, cuts and prints are great, I go back to my previous post where I mentioned a decline in quality across many brands.  Banana was no exception.  Instead of their silk or cotton blends, I found many otherwise adorable pieces like this ($79.50):



and this (both the skirt ($110.00) and top ($79.50):


that were sadly made of 100% polyester.  Such a disappointment!  Thank God I had a couple BR reward coupons to cash in or these prices would have definitely been too steep just for polyester.  

Two winners from the new spring line I actually would pay full price for are this ($130.00 - linen and rayon):


and this (($150.00 - 95% wool, 5% spandex):


As for the rest of the stuff....BR, I still love you.  I will just wait for them to go on sale (it never takes long for BR to change their lineup over anyway!)

No comments:

Post a Comment