Monday, January 2, 2012

Parade of Sweater Dresses!

I've found that a lot of women either love or hate sweater dresses.  I am on the "LOVE" side.  I find them warm for winter, work appropriate, comfortable and functional.   As it is, I am more of a dresses and skirts girl rather than pants just because I think they work better for my figure.  So for cooler fall/winter weather, sweater dresses paired with tights and boots or leggings is a smooth transition for me.  This past year (goodbye 2011!), Banana Republic had a great collection of sweater dresses in their winter line.


I'm loving this inspiration look with over-the-knee socks and boots rather than tights or leggings.  The marino wool is airy and soft and left me feeling chic and cozy all day.



This sweater dress is warm and SO comfortable when paired with some leggings.  The stripes of sparkle at the bottom of the dress also added interest and made it very festive for the holiday season.  


This dress was a great find for weekends.  It's adorable for walking around the city or lunch with friends.  

And finally, this dress is one of my favorites.  It is a soft, luxurious fine marino wool blend  that isn't too heavy to make you look bulkier than you are.  This is a main point for me when searching for a good sweater dress - I don't need any extra padding on top of my curves =).



The best part?  All four dresses were purchased on sale for a total of less than $250.00.  I almost never buy things full price at Banana - they seem to offer their 30% off promotions every other day and things go on sale very quickly there.  Many stores right now are aggressively discounting their merchandise well past the holidays and straight into the new year to stay afloat during tough economic times.   This means great deals in favor of patient bargain hunters.  They are all still available on the website RIGHT NOW!  Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment