Monday, January 30, 2012

All That Glitters is GOLD


I'm a woman who is always looking to add a little sparkle to my life, so today I'm going to talk about gold and sequins.  Don't judge me.

Dr. Susan Lisman is a friend of my mother's who spends half her year working as an Anesthesiologist in a Boston hospital, and the other half staying at her second home in Hawaii.  I know.  I hate her too.  She must have needed a way to pass the time between those spectacular Hawaiian sunsets, because she took up jewelry making as a hobby.  Her creations are one-of-a-kind, and customized for each customer.  I have no idea where she finds the incredible beads and clasps she uses, but they are truly breathtaking and have a level of detail I haven't seen anywhere else.  I was lucky enough to nag one of her designs to wear on my wedding day, and now whenever I feel I need a bit of extra sparkle.






This bracelet ran around $125.  I guarantee you, any of Dr. Lisman's creations look 1000% pricier than they actually are.  A well-kept little secret, Dr. Lisman doesn't even have a website of her own to refer you to.  Should you be able to track her down, she may just find the time to create YOUR perfect piece!


A stunning piece of jewelry needs equally stunning clothing to wear it with, which brings me to my quest for the perfect gold dress.


Thanks alot, Aidan Mattox for giving me another dress to lust after.  But...but...just LOOK at it! 



I have had it in my head that I need a gold dress for quite some time but (1) just couldn't find one I fell in love with and (2) didn't always have an event in mind I would actually want to wear one to.  It IS gold sequins we're talking about here.  You can't just wear those anywhere ;).

THIS is a dress you find and create events to wear for.  The fabric is stunning and unique - the perfect shade of gold sprinkled with sequins that are very tastefully done - not gaudy or blindingly shiny.  I love the draping and cut, and the skirt isn't too short.  What's not to love?  It's brilliant.  Gold sequin dresses have certainly been done many times before by many different designers, but I hereby nominate this one for the most perfect version...EVER.

Now when the hell could I wear it?  Valentines Day dinner, perhaps?

* spyed at:  New York Dolls of Mount Kisco - Mount Kisco, NY





No comments:

Post a Comment